CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Why...

The world we live in... It's... It's... It's so mixed up. Messed up. What is wrong with the world today...?

I wish I understood...



Only two hours ago I got a call from one of my good friends. The news, however, wasn't good.


One of our friends killed himself this morning.
My friend who called saw him quite often and nothing seemed wrong at all.
When I knew him, he was always happy and loving life... or so I thought.

He was an exceptional guitarist, and that is an understatement. He was going to school on scholarship for it. And his family is great.

He was never one of my extremely close friends, but I feel I knew him better than a lot of people...



I can't even grasp the concept. I wanted to think my friend was joking. I knew she wouldn't be about this sort of thing. He appeared happy the last time I saw him and said life was good and had no complaints...

I wish I understood...


This is the fourth time I've heard of someone's suicide in the past 3 months. This is the second friend I've lost from suicide in a year.

Community Crisis Center Saving Lives: 3,234,823 calls to 1.800.SUICIDE

1 comments:

N@ said...

Megan, I was totally shocked, too. I saw him in late October and he seemed happy. It is just further proof that we have no idea the battles that other people are facing. I wish I had known him better and I wish that I could have helped him. I hope you know that if you ever need anything, I'm here for you! There is nothing in this world that cannot be overcome and there are always many options to any problems we face.